WEEK OF PRAYER
The season of Lent is a 40 day journey beginning with Ash Wednesday and culminating with Easter Sunday. This season is marked by repentance, humility, fasting & self-examination. These 40 days of Lent are an invitation to make our hearts ready through repentance as we anticipate Good Friday and Easter.
Joel 2:12 “Yet even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; 13 and rend your hearts and not your garments.” Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love."
During the first week of Lent, February 20-24, we want to respond as a church to the heart of God through prayer, worship, repentance, and consecration. Please join us in the following ways…
- Download or pick up a bookmark with daily guided prayer points to engage with throughout the week as an individual, family, community group or discipleship group.
- Download the Week of Prayer and Fasting Guide as a resource to help guide your prayers.
- Join your congregation for the Ash Wednesday service. This service will be filled with worship, prayer, a vision for ash wednesday and lent and the imposition of ashes.
- Join your congregation for noon day prayer and worship on Thursday, February 23, from noon to 1pm.
- Consider various forms of fasting during this week or throughout the season of Lent to prepare your heart for Easter.
Our daily prayers will be marked by the Lord’s Prayer from Matthew 6 and a Psalm meditation. Engage these prayers individually and on behalf of the church.
Ash Wednesday Services, February 22 at 6:30 PM at all 5 congregations:
Downtown 1104 N Robinson Ave
Edmond 1700 S Bryant
Shawnee 330 N Beard St
South 737 SE 89th St
Yukon 514 Elm Avenue